From intimate formal dinners to large strolling receptions, let Azure’s professional culinary and events team help you create an event your guests will remember. With this joint venture with Shedd Aquarium, you’ll also have the perfect location to host a private event along the scenic Chicago waterfront.
While we can accommodate a full venue buy out, we also have created three sections of the venue for you to host your intimate gatherings.
Bubble Net Experience
In this space your guests will get to walk along the otter trail, enjoy the newly renovated Bubble Net and view the city skyline from the lakeside terrace (access to lake side terrace is dependent on weather). You also can add the oceanarium’s lower level underwater viewing for an additional fee*. When reserving underwater viewing, you may add the coastal walkway*^.
- 5:30 p.m. Guests enter via the south lobby. Guests are directed down to either otter trail outside of Bubble Net or the oceanarium’s coastal walkway and underwater viewing via stairs or elevators for 30-minutes (time alloted depends on booking package)
- 5:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Cocktail reception in otters for drinks and hors d’oeuvres
- 6:00 p.m. Bubble Net and lakeside terrace open for dinner
- 9:30 p.m. Event concludes and guests depart via south lobby
- Restrooms are located near Bubble Net
Main Aquarium Experience
In this space your guests have access to the main aquarium historic galleries, Caribbean Reef and the main foyer (Kovler Hall).
- 6:30 p.m. Guest enter via south lobby and are directed up the south stairs/elevator to the main level
- 6:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Cocktail reception with drinks and hors d’oeuvres and animal viewing in the galleries
- 7:00 p.m. Dinner begins around Caribbean Reef or main foyer (Kovler Hall)
- 10:30 p.m. Event concludes – guests depart via south lobby
- Restrooms are located off the main foyer (Kovler Hall)
North Terrace & Soundings Experience
This space allows your guests to discover our special exhibit, Underwater Beauty, as well as our north lobby, Soundings and north terrace (access to north terrace is dependent on weather).
- 6:00 p.m. Guests enter south lobby and are directed to Underwater Beauty towards the north lobby
- 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Cocktail reception with drinks and hors d’oeuvres and animal viewing
- 6:30 p.m. Doors open at north terrace and Soundings for dinner
- 10:00 p.m. Event concludes, guests depart via south lobby
- Restrooms are in the north lobby
*Please note that underwater viewing must be purchased to add on the coastal walkway.
^Underwater viewing and coastal walkway are dependent on mammal care and may not be available during your event timeline.